How do I submit claims?
When you connect your personal accounts to Alice, we'll look for possibly eligible transactions. When we find these, we'll text you to confirm they were for commuting related to getting to and from work.
You have two options to confirm your purchases and submit these as commuter claims.
- You can reply to the text with a simple response "yes" or "no"
- When you reply "yes", we'll make sure you save on the income taxes related to this purchase, right in your paycheck!
- You should reply "no" if this wasn't for commuting, or wasn't related to your commute to and from work.
- You can log into your Alice Dashboard to review the purchases we've found, and confirm them!
How do I confirm purchases from my Alice Dashboard?
- Log in at app.thisisalice.com
- Click the banner to review unconfirmed transactions. It looks like this:
- Review the transactions, and determine if they were related to your personal commute to and from work. Then mark them as either "yes" or "no" below each. It looks like this:
That's it! Alice will submit these in an upcoming paycheck to ensure you're able to save!
What if Alice didn't find my purchase, I don't see it listed.
No problem! First, check on all the purchases we did find by viewing your spending.
- Click on "See more" next to "Spending"
Review the purchases here that Alice has already found. If you still don't see a transaction on this list, check to see how long it's been since the purchase was made. Banks can take several business days (up to a full week) to send purchases to Alice. If it's been more than a week and we haven't found your purchase yet, please submit a "Missing Transaction".
- Scroll to the bottom of your "Spending" page.
- Click on "Submit missing transaction"
- Fill out the form here, and then hit "submit expense"
- This will ensure some human eyes are looking for the purchase that Alice Bot missed. We'll reach out if there are any questions!
Which option should I choose for "I paid with"?
- Alice-connected card - You paid for the purchase on your personal card/bank that you have already connected to Alice.
- a card not connected to Alice - This is only available for parking claims. If you have purchased mass transit, you'll need to connect your card to Alice to be able to claim it. You can connect a card now, and Alice will look for your past purchases! If this is for parking, you'll be able to upload a receipt now
- cash - This is only available for parking claims. If you have purchased mass transit, you'll need to make purchases with a card connected to Alice or use Alice Card. If this is for parking, you'll be able to upload a receipt now